Thursday, February 5, 2009

CALIFORNIA WEDDING

Recently I was blessed to be in my dear friend Dee Dee's wedding. Her fab wedding was in Simi Valley, CA. It's just beautiful there. If I could afford to live there I would. The view is just amazing with the mountains and ocean.

Dee Dee and Jonathan met at their work - Southwest Airlines. They are soo perfect for each other. I flew out to Cali for the wedding late on Friday night. It was a great flight...except for the weird male flight attendant who keep hitting on me. If he was my type then I would be going for it believe me. Anyway, my friend Kim and I arrived safely and thus began the whirlwind wedding weekend.

On Saturday, we all went to get mani/pedi's but the bride was going to be us there since she and the groom were going into LA to get the rest of the flowers for the wedding at the flower market. Well unfortunately they were in a little fender bender in their rental so we had to push everything back a little. No biggie, since everyone was alright. After we were finished at the nail salon we grabbed one of my favs IN N OUT burgers. Yummy!!



While we were waiting in the drive thru we saw these.:)



Now I would love to see these palm trees everyday!! Anyway, a few of us helped set up for the Hawaiian themed reheresal dinner and then headed to the rehersal. I was bad and didn't take much pics of this. We had soo much fun at the dinner. The Hawaiian food was amazing!!! We also got to do a little kareoke. Now that's when the fun really started!! Hehe!! I did a few songs but not without a little help. Once we left Dee Dee was wanting some more IN N OUT, so we just had to get all the girls and head over there.



We couldn't resist getting a pic with the hats on. LOL

Then we got our coffee from Starbucks and got busy with putting together the lanterns for the ceremony and reception. She had white lanterns hung around for the ceremony and baby blue ones for the reception. I didn't get much pics taken during the ceremony but there's a ton from the reception so here goes...

Dee Dee a few minutes before the ceremony. She's such a beautiful bride.:)



Our pretty flowers. I just love the cream and green mixtures together.


Dee Dee and Jonathan had a frame with their engagement photo in it and a bunch of post it notes for everyone at the wedding to write well wishes for them during the reception. This is such a fun idea.


They also had a photo booth with fun dress up items for everyone to take part in. I think this was such a great idea so that people have something to do while the bridal party are taking pictures.



Kim and I decided to go for the diva princess look.:)


Me and the beautiful bride:)


My sweet friend Kenee and I. She is married to Dee Dee's cousin Matt. Kenee is an amazing trainer at Larry North Fitness in Dallas. If any of you want to get into shape you need to seriously see her. She kicks my butt every time we get together.:)



Julie and I had soo much fun being bridesmaids together. This is our 2nd wedding to be in together.:) Fun times.




Oh ya and I caught the bouquet too!!:)
Photobucket

0 comments: