Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm 29...WOOHOO!

I turned 29 on September 29th, and this is what I saw when I went to work...


Froggie made me this sign for my bday. When I came in the house after picking him up from school this sign was hanging in the entry way. He's such a sweetheart. He and I always make signs like this for his parents' bdays and it was soo sweet of him to do that for me. What a great way to start the celebration! The weekend before my birthday one of my best friends from San Antonio - Angela came to visit along with her husband. We had a great time going to see Julie and Julia and shopping. Angela and I cooked my Mom's artichoke dip and spaghetti casserole for dinner. It was soo yummy. I was a little stressed while cooking for 5 people, but I know that with time it will get easier. I know if Julia Childs can do it so can I. We ended the fun weekend watching the Green Bay Packers game at Top Golf and trying our hand at a little golf. I'm not that great at golf but it was a lot of fun!


I also had a fun dinner out with Froggie and his Mom at Mi Cocina. That has become one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Dallas. I loved having my margarita and cheese enchiladas.

To top of my birthday I went to Brittany & Mikes for dinner. They both cooked a fabulous meal for me. We had steak and shrimp kabobs, twice baked potatoes, and a zucchini and squash casserole. Then Brittany made Tresleches cake. It was soo good. Clay was too cute and just ate the icing.:) I will have to get that recipe from her. Thanks for the great dinner guys!

All in all I had the best birthday ever. I feel so blessed to have all my friends and family in my life. This coming weekend I'm going to San Antonio to celebrate my bday as well as my Mom's. More pics to come.

Oh and some people keep asking me if I feel older..



Nope not yet! Maybe I will once I hit the big 3-0.

Photobucket

0 comments: